You have a big, noble purpose that could change the world. Yet often non-profit organizations do not have the resources to initiate, promote or implement programs which can elevate your success. Now is the time to take a step forward by collaborating with 12plus1. Through 12plus1 you will receive a ten-month volunteer to support your mission. These individuals will be enthusiastic, competent and chosen through a competitive selection process. They can help you in programming, marketing/communications, administration, fundraising or event planning. In addition to the guidance provided by you, the service site, volunteers will participate in a weekly formation day and be provided a mentor to help them grow their skills. As a service site you will receive:
- A volunteer for 32 hours (ages 18-20) or 4-8 hours (ages 21+) for ten months.
- Assistance in developing a job description for the role.
- Collaboration in selecting the individual.
- Goal setting and performance evaluation of the apprentice.
Organizations interested in being a part of 12plus1 should be prepared to:
- Pay a stipend to 12plus1- scale is below.
- Create a brief description of the position needed and assist in the promotion of the position.
- Allow a web link to their website to be displayed on 12plus1 website.
- Provide a detailed job description, with clear tasks and goals.
- Participate in the selection process particularly interviews.
- Have an on-site supervisor for the intern and a consistent contact person for 12plus1.
- Provide practical support and resources (such as office supplies, desk, computer or other tools necessary) that will enable the apprentice to attain their goals.
- Offer an orientation process for the apprentice at the start of their service.
- Participate in a 360 evaluation process for the intern three times a year.
- Include the intern in appropriate level staff meetings.
- Create a professional work environment and culture that nurtures an excellent work experience.
A volunteer would serve your organization for ten months. Participants will begin August 2018 and end mid-May 2019. Service sites would participate in the selection process of the intern.
- 4 hour volunteer = $1000
- 8 hour volunteer = $2000
- 32 hour volunteer = $10,000
Contact 12plus1 to explore if participation is right for your organization.