Inspired by the Gospel and called to social justice, 12plus1 develops servant leaders who embrace a shared humanity and live as apostles through service, community, faith and love.
12plus1 provides non-profit organizations a ten-month volunteer. These volunteers are participating in a gap year experience. This opportunity provides your organization a creative resource to accomplish your mission, for a reasonable cost, while inspiring an individual to a life of service. To ensure your needs are met 12plus1 coordinates a collaborative participant selection process, goal setting and reviews. Each intern also has weekly formation and a mentor to help them grow in their skills.
Discover yourself by being immersed into the lives of others. 12plus1 invites you on a ten-month gap year experience of service, community and formation. Discovery House, is a service based gap year experience for ages 18-20 who live in community and participate in weekly formation. Just Work is a ten-month volunteer experience for over 21. Volunteers serve four hours a week and have monthly formation sessions. They volunteer alongside Discovery House volunteers. Accompanying others in the joys and struggles of life will result in an expanded worldview, recognition of the nearness of God and acceptance of others.
Learn More about our programs:
Be the one!
12plus1 will impact the direction and priorities of your life. Open to individuals of all faith traditions, as a participant you will:
- Ponder the meaning and purpose of the human experience.
- Discover your authentic self.
- Make a positive impact in the lives of others.
- Increase empathy and compassion.
- Experience and value diversity, while advocating for unity.
- Alleviate suffering for those who are hurting.
- Integrate the value of service into your life.
- Explore the nature of God and discover how faith fits in your life.
- Discern a vocation and make a plan for what is next in your life.