Inspired by the Gospel and called to social justice, 12plus1 develops servant leaders who embrace a shared humanity and live as apostles through service, community, faith and love.
12plus1, Inc. is a 501(c)3 whose programming focuses on service learning. It is our belief that through service, volunteers will gain a new perspective about themselves, promote unity and discover the movement of God in their own life and the world. Our primary program is Discovery House a service-based gap year experience for ages 18-24 who live in community and participate in weekly formation. Just Work is a volunteer experience for over 21 who commit to four hours of service weekly. Service Days are a parish-based service immersion experience designed collaboratively with a parish or cluster of parishes. Accompanying others in the joys and struggles of life will result in an expanded worldview, recognition of the nearness of God and acceptance of others.
Be the one!
12plus1 will impact the direction and priorities of your life. Open to individuals of all faith traditions, as a participant you will:
- Ponder the meaning and purpose of the human experience.
- Discover your authentic self.
- Make a positive impact in the lives of others.
- Increase empathy and compassion.
- Experience and value diversity, while advocating for unity.
- Alleviate suffering for those who are hurting.
- Integrate the value of service into your life.
- Explore the nature of God and discover how faith fits in your life.
- Discern a vocation and make a plan for what is next in your life.